On 10/15/97, F.A.C.T.S' attorney Maria Diakos, filed a
certificate of incorporation which was approved by New York State.
The new, official name will be:
F.A.C.T.S. (For A Clean Tonawanda Site), INC.
Following is a brief of the
CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
1) To act as a public interest group by carrying on certain
activities with respect to the contamination, radioactivity and pollutants
present in the Tonawanda area, specifically, to inform the public by means of
various media as to potential environmental dangers which otherwise are not
2) To conduct research and maintain a data and resource base
which shall be open to the public;
3) To work in cooperation and assist the legal community with
respect to litigation and compensation claims pertaining to injuries arising
from exposure to such contaminants;
4) To support legal actions to enforce environmental laws;
5) To protect citizens' rights against exposure ;
6) To provide communication and technical expertise on such
issues as requested;
7) To take by deed or gift, purchase, sell, transfer, mortgage
and lease or rent, real and personal property and to do all things necessary
and essential thereto, in furtherance of the corporate purposes.
*This shall be a Type B Corporation
* The county in New York State in which the office of the
Corporation shall be located is Erie County.
*The names of the initial directors of the Corporation are:
Donald L. Finch
Ralph N. Krieger
*The duration of the Corporation shall be perpetual.
*The Secretary of State of New York State is hereby designated
as the agent of the corporation upon whom process against it may be served. The
post office address to which such process so served shall be mailed is Post
Office Box 566, Kenmore, NY 14217-0566.